Join the SSH & OUT Teams! Saskatoon Sexual Health and OUTSaskatoon are seeking a motivated, community-minded, compassionate, and knowledgeable individual to fill the position of Summer Student working for our Education, Reception and Support Services Teams.
Most specifically the Summer Student will work with our Youth Sexual Health Project. The project is called “SSHOUT CARES: A Culturally Appropriate HIV, Hep C, and other STBBIs Prevention Intervention for Youth and Young Adults.” The chosen Summer Student will work with the education team providing research and development support, helping support SSHOUT program activities, and assisting our education team in summer programming.
1. Participate and support work related to SSHOUT CARES: Sexual Health Project: HIV and
Hepatitis C Community Action & Harm Reduction Fund
2. Provide confidential and affirming front desk support and reception
3. Work to build relations with our Indigenous community members and partners
Prepare educational resources and workshops for healthcare providers, businesses, and CBOs on the topics of sexual health, gender and sexual diversity, and STBBIs (sexually transmitted and blood borne infections)
4. Assist patients and community members accessing the Saskatoon Sexual Health or OUTSaskatoon services
- Working towards a relevant post-secondary qualification (social services, health services, addictions, etc)
- Knowledge of queer and Indigenous communities and issues is essential.
- Knowledge of harm reduction, anti-oppression, and anti-racism approaches to community service delivery is an asset.
- Experience working for community-based organizations and/or working in the queer community is an asset
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Independent decision-making regarding day-to-day operations and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability and self-reflexivity to work in a team environment
- Organization and time management skills (able to multitask and re-assess priorities).
- Experience with standard office equipment, computing, and a variety of AV equipment
- Proficiency in Google Drive, Canva, Google Slides, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- This position is office based but eligible for hybrid work.
- Host and attends programs around the city or virtually
- Some shift and weekend work is required, and it may include evening shifts
- Light physical duties may be required, dependent upon the candidate’s abilities
- This position may include travel, locally and within the province
- 20 hours per week
- Short term contract (mid June-mid August)
Please submit a detailed cover letter (applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be
considered), a resume highlighting relevant education and work experience, and three references by email to Caitlin Cottrell firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Summer Student Application as the email subject line. The application deadline is June 12, 2023, by 10 am. Interviews will be given on a rolling basis. Only selected applicants will be notified. Thank you for your interest in the position and best of luck with your application.