Medical Office Receptionist
Saskatoon Sexual Health’s vision is a society where sexual and reproductive health and rights are celebrated and accessible to all. We provide sexual and reproductive health services in Saskatoon and area with an emphasis on safe, inclusive, empowering clinical care and education. We work with diverse communities to promote healthy and informed sexualities.
Our office environment is cooperative, friendly, and respectful. We value collaboration and equality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting patients visiting the facility, answering any questions they may have, and helping them fill out the required forms
- Answering phone calls, creating appointments, directing the calls as required, and handling all queries
- Answering emails and other electronic messages as required
- Informing the doctor, nurse practitioner, nurse, or other healthcare providers about impending appointments
- Maintaining a filing system for all patient documents and reports submitted
- Managing inventory and placing orders as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- This position requires a Medical Administrative Assistant diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience working in a clinical or community setting
- Experience in the field of sexual/reproductive health and community health is an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse communities (i.e. LGBTQ, ethnocultural minorities, newcomers, people with disabilities, and Indigenous communities)
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Experience with intermediate computer skills and programs (i.e. EMR system, Microsoft Office and Google)
- Work in a busy office environment, seriously it is very busy
- Must be able to handle disruptions, time constraints, and multi-tasking
- Light physical duties may be required dependent upon the ability of the Office Manager
- This position is 35 hours/week, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, and one Saturday a month
- $17-20 /hour, commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package after 3 months
- We value the contributions of people from equity-seeking groups bring to our organization. We encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous people, people of colour, newcomers, the 2SLGBTQ+ community, or another equity-seeking group with which you identify. If you wish to identify as belonging to an equity-seeking group(s), please feel free to indicate so in your cover letter.
- Please combine your resume, cover letter stating how you meet the required qualifications, and three references into one pdf document with the file name:firstname_lastname_MOA.pdf and send it by email to email@example.com. Please use this subject line for your email to us MOR Application.
- Applications close at 4 pm on Friday, May 20th, 2022.