How much more do any of us have left to give in 2020? This Giving Tuesday, we only ask that you give *yourself* a little extra self-care, self-acceptance, and self-love.
We want to honour the sacrifices you have made and the strength you have shown for your community, your loved ones, and yourself throughout this year by encouraging you to prioritize yourself today, because we cannot pour from an empty cup.
Need some self-care inspiration? Below we have created a list of things you can do for yourself to help keep your cup full.
- Light some candles, put on a Sade playlist, and take a long, sudsy bath
- Visit the Beaver Creek Conservation Area to take a socially distanced hike and hand feed chickadees
- Shut your phone off and read a book for an hour (our staff recommends Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman and Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science That Will Transform Your Love Life by Emily Nagoski)
- Buy yourself a new toy, whether it’s for pleasure or otherwise
- Bring home or order a plant or some flowers the next time you buy groceries to remind yourself that spring will always come
- *M*a*s*t*u*r*b*a*t*e* (so you can come, too!)
- Organize a Secret Santa gift exchange with friends on Animal Crossing
- Watch a favourite film from childhood by yourself or with a young person in your life
- Find a free yoga video on YouTube for any mood or ability
- Play a game of Among Us with your family or friend group
- Dress in your best, make yourself a charcuterie board, and treat yourself to a bottle of wine that would normally make you say, “that’s too much for a bottle of wine!”
- Marie Kondo your social media feed: if a person you follow does not spark joy, mute or unfollow them
- Say “no” to someone
- Waste some time and embrace un-productivity
Of course, if you do find that you have more to give after giving back to yourself, you can always help support the services and education we at Saskatoon Sexual Health provide by donating through Canada Helps via the button below.
From all of us at Saskatoon Sexual Health, we wish you a self-care and self-love filled Giving Tuesday.